We are hiring!
Account Manager – EU Public Affairs
Landmark Public Affairs is seeking a highly qualified and talented individual with direct experience of EU policy to join our public affairs team in Brussels. Landmark is a dynamic public affairs consultancy with a diverse client portfolio including blue-chip FMCG corporations and trade associations.
You will contribute to all the activities of a dynamic public affairs consultancy by:
- Staying on top of EU and international policy developments and media trends
- Delivering up-to-date intelligence and high quality research
- Liaising with European institutions and other organisations
- Delivering clear, precise and client-driven analysis and advice
- Leading teamwork on specific clients, with hands-on input
You will focus primarily, though not necessarily exclusively, on agri-food clients.
You can expect:
- Challenging assignments on topical political issues
- A focus on in-depth understanding of issues and intelligent strategic advice
- Integration into a dynamic motivated team
- A non-hierarchical, friendly working environment within an effectively managed structure
- Competitive remuneration with additional benefits
You must have:
- An undergraduate degree in law, economics, European studies, or a similar discipline relevant to either European public affairs or the agri-food sector, with an excellent academic track record
- A postgraduate qualification which is relevant to either European public affairs or specific policy areas of interest – or comparable professional experience
- Relevant recent work experience of at least 2 years in one of the EU institutions, government or the UN system; a public affairs consultancy; the public affairs team of a company; or a relevant think-tank, trade body or non-governmental organisation
- Demonstrable knowledge of and interest in relevant policy areas (e.g. agriculture, food, consumer protection, sustainability – i.e. Farm to Fork Strategy areas) gained directly through your work experience to date, with the willingness and ability to adapt to working on other subjects
- Excellent people skills, including the ability to build collaborative relationships both as part of the Landmark team and with clients
- Enthusiasm, a focus on the client, a dynamic, quick-thinking approach to work, a good eye for detail and strong analytical skills
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Fluent spoken and written English, and fluency in at least one other EU language
- Strong IT skills including very good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Social media literacy
- Terms: 6 month fixed-term contract initially, leading to an open-ended contract subject to performance.
- Location: Brussels, with the possibility of working from home in Belgium in light of restrictions.
- Right to work requirements: Applicants must already be eligible to work in Belgium.
- Application: Please send your CV and a covering letter no longer than 2 pages to email@example.com . We particularly welcome applications from Black and Minority Ethnic candidates.
- Deadline: The final deadline for application is 15/07/2021. Please note that we will assess applications on a rolling basis as they are submitted, so we advise you to apply early.