EU Public Affairs Position – Sustainability
You will contribute to all the activities of a dynamic public affairs consultancy by:
- Monitoring EU developments and media trends
- Delivering up-to-date intelligence
- Undertaking research work and drafting policy briefs
- Liaising with European institutions and other organisations
- Attending virtual – and hopefully real-life – events (EP committee meetings, Commission conferences…) and reporting back
- Contributing to the team’s client-facing work – from input into strategic advice to direct contact with decision-makers
- Delivering clear, precise and client-driven analysis and advice
Policy and media research will be a key part of your daily work.
You can expect:
- Challenging assignments on topical political issues
- A focus on in-depth understanding of issues and intelligent strategic advice
- Integration into a dynamic motivated team
- A non-hierarchical, friendly working environment within an effectively managed structure
- Competitive remuneration with additional benefits
You will focus mainly, but not exclusively, on sustainability issues, and the level of responsibility, job title and remuneration will depend on your previous experience.
You must have:
- An undergraduate degree in law, economics, European studies, or a similar relevant discipline, with an excellent academic track record
- A postgraduate qualification which is relevant to either European public affairs or sustainability policy
- Relevant previous experience of between 6 months and 4 years in one of the EU institutions, government or the UN system; a public affairs or sustainability consultancy; the public affairs team of a company; or a relevant think-tank, trade body or non-governmental organisation
- Demonstrable knowledge of and interest in sustainability policy issues gained directly through your work experience to date, with the willingness and ability to adapt to working on other subjects
- Excellent people skills, including the ability to build collaborative relationships both as part of the Landmark team and with clients
- Enthusiasm, a focus on the client, a dynamic, quick-thinking approach to work, a good eye for detail and strong analytical skills
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Fluent spoken and written English, and fluency in at least one other EU language
- Strong IT skills including very good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Social media literacy
- Terms: 6 month fixed-term contract initially, leading to an open-ended contract subject to performance.
- Location: Brussels, with the possibility of working from home in Belgium in light of restrictions.
- Right to work requirements: Applicants must already be eligible to work in Belgium.
- Interns: If you are interested in the position as an intern, please note that we seek a 6-month minimum commitment and the role is not suitable for integration into a programme of study.
- Application: Please send your CV and cover letter (1-2 pages) to email@example.com. We particularly welcome applications from Black and Minority Ethnic candidates.
- Deadline: The final deadline for application is 19th October 2020. Please note that we will assess applications on a rolling basis as they are submitted, so we advise you to apply early.