EU Public Affairs Intern
Landmark is a dynamic public affairs consultancy with a diverse client portfolio including blue-chip FMCG corporations and trade associations.
You are a graduate in law, economics, European studies, social sciences, or a similar discipline, with an excellent academic track record.
You have very good knowledge of the EU institutions, where you have ideally completed a traineeship. You show strong interest in current affairs and have a good feel for the political landscape of Europe and beyond. In addition you are interested in and have a good understanding of how international business functions. Experience in consumer policy, food and agriculture, environment, climate change and sustainability, media or data & tech is desirable.
You have excellent spoken and written English, together with fluency in at least one other EU language.
You are dynamic, quick-thinking and have a good eye for detail and strong analytical skills. You can apply your critical thinking to academic or legal policy research as well as to news or political reporting.
You know the difference between research and search, and you develop your understanding of unfamiliar issues quickly. You identify reliable sources and separate speculation from fact.
You have great organisational and project management skills.
You have strong IT skills with very good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
The Landmark offer
At Landmark, you will be expected to contribute to all activities of a dynamic consultancy by:
- Monitoring EU legislation and media trends
- Delivering up-to-date intelligence
- Undertaking research work and drafting background policy briefs
- Liaising with European institutions and other organisations
- Attending official events (EP committee meetings, Commission conferences…) and reporting back
- Supporting the team in all client work – from input into strategic advice to direct contact with decision-makers
- Delivering clear, precise and client-driven analysis and advice
Policy and media research will be a key part of your daily work.
What you can expect:
- Challenging assignments on topical political issues
- A focus on in-depth understanding of issues and intelligent strategic advice
- Integration into a dynamic motivated team
- A non-hierarchical, friendly working environment within an effectively managed structure
- Competitive remuneration
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 23/08/2020. We particularly welcome applications from Black and Minority Ethnic candidates.